A school in Gateshead is currently seeking an experienced Level 3 SEN Teaching Assistant to join their team on a part-time basis.
- Provide 1:1 support for a child with ASD in Key Stage Two.
- Assist teachers with implementing tailored strategies to support the child's learning and development.
- Previous experience working with children, preferably in a classroom setting.
- Demonstrated experience working with children on the autistic spectrum.
- Good foundational skills in Mathematics and English (GCSE or equivalent).
- Effective communication skills with children, parents, colleagues, and external professionals.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively as part of a team.
Commencement: The successful candidate will assume the role in January 2024. This position will initially start in January 2024 and is subject to ongoing SEN funding.
Working Hours: The role entails 25 hours per week. Specific working hours will be discussed directly with the school.
If you possess the required qualifications and are enthusiastic, creative, and motivated, we encourage you to apply.