OverviewTuesday - Friday
Maternity Cover - Starting in ASAP
We have a vacancy for a confident, enthusiastic, suitably qualified and experienced Teacher of Science – Biology to join a large, successful faculty from April 2024 on a maternity contract.
• be an excellent Biology teacher across the full age and ability range, including A-Level
• have a passionate commitment to making Science stimulating and relevant for all
• be familiar with Key Stages 3, 4 and 5 National Curriculum, GCSE and Advanced Level requirements
• contribute towards the teaching of our Level 3 Applied Science BTEC course
• be a skilled with the use of ICT
• be willing to contribute to the wider life of the School
• have the calibre and ambition to develop his or her career in and beyond this post
Science plays a prominent part in the life of the School and consistently achieves excellent results. The Science Faculty has seventeen members of staff and four laboratory technicians. Teaching accommodation is excellent – a STEM centre built in 2012, includes thirteen fully equipped laboratories and two computer rooms. There is effective and high quality technical and administrative support and the Faculty is well resourced.
Applicants must have a good working knowledge of the whole suite of Microsoft Office software and be comfortable using Word and Excel extensively. We use SIMS as our main management information software and whilst familiarity with this piece of software is not essential the successful candidate must be able to learn quickly as they will use this central source of management information on a daily basis.
WHY WORK FOR EDUCATION WORLD:
- Long and established partnerships with many local schools.
- Excellent rates of pay (PAYE, we do not use umbrella companies).
- Expert advice and guidance from our friendly team, many of whom are ex-teachers themselves!
- Round-the-clock support from your dedicated consultant.
- Exciting opportunities to gain paid work in many different schools, key stages and areas.
- Flexible work to fit around any personal commitments.
- Paid work opportunities during school holidays.
- Uncapped referral bonuses every time you refer another education professional to us (T&Cs apply).
- Free enhanced DBS (T&Cs apply).
- Access to specially discounted CPD courses.
Education World is a local education recruitment agency renowned for outstanding service by both our supply staff and partner schools alike. We are people-focused-people and are dedicated to connecting education professionals with the schools and the roles that they want. We are proud to be working in partnership with schools throughout South Yorkshire to help them to fill their day-to-day, short and long-term roles.
Education World is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Education World is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children in education and ensure all safeguarding and compliance checks are carried out in-line with REC guidelines. Feel free to visit our Trustpilot page to read first-hand reviews of our outstanding service from EW supply staff past and present (we're currently rated 4.9/5 stars).